You have found a great product that you’re excited about, works very well, and is very useful. You are positive that it will be valuable for your niche so you want to promote it far and wide, where to start? Here are five ways to boost sales for any product.
1. Blog — Hey, I know you’re already blogging, but you need to blog more. Blog from every aspect that you can about the product. Do a review, answer a problem, inform your readers about the product and educate your readers on the problems as well as the ways to solve the problem (with your product). In addition, you can start some controversy over the problem, the product or the solution with an unexpected blog post that invites feedback, debate and discussion.
2. vlog — A vlog is nothing more than a video blog. Today we use digital video to put vlogs on youtube.com and other places across the net. You already have the content in the form of words, articles and blog posts. You can repurpose the content into video by appearing on the video, or by creating a PowerPoint presentation on video with sound back up either music, voice or both. You can even create a nice welcome vlog for new readers to your website or blog.
3. Article Marketing — You’ve likely heard of article marketing. While you can’t usually blatantly promote a product with article marketing, you can promote your blog or website which will have the product on it. With article marketing you write general articles about problems and solutions and place them on various sites throughout the Internet. Your author’s bio will carry the link that sends potential clients back to your website or blog.
4. Improved “about me” page — People like to do business with people they know and trust. If you are using a pen name and stock photography on your website or blog people may be afraid to buy from you. Change your about me page to include a picture of you, and even of you and your family. Humanize yourself as much as possible so that you explicit a feeling of trust among your readers. People who feel trust, are more likely to take a chance and buy from you.
5. Prove it — No matter what you are selling or telling your potential clients and blog readers it is important that you demonstratively prove your points with pictures, charts, comparisons and case studies. It is also important that you are always honest and above board. If you ever make a mistake, tell them. People appreciate honesty more than anything.
Julianne Alvarez-Wish is a military wife, mother, business owner, professional writer, blogger and legislative advocate. She is the Director of Communications for Our Milk Money, the Colorado State Leader for the National Association for Moms in Business and the owner of Buy By Mom and Buy By Mom Blog. She is the Colorado Springs Stay-at-Home Mom Examiner for Examiner.com. She also blogs at A Wishful Thought. Her passion, purpose and goal is to help parents work from home so they can be home with their children.